Setup on PC
Many PC games allow you to put down your keyboard and mouse to play with a controller. With our USB PC Driver for the SCUF Vantage, PC games that support PlayStation® 4 controllers are now playable on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Step 1 – Installing the Driver
For your Windows 7 or Windows 10 computer to recognize your SCUF Vantage 2 as a PlayStation® 4 controller, you will first need to install our USB PC Driver. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Download the driver by clicking the Download Now button above.
- Locate the file named Vantage-PC-Driver.exe and double click to launch the install.
- You will be prompted to allow the application to be installed, click Yes.
- Accept the license agreement by clicking I Agree.
- Accept the installation of the Driver and Uninstaller by clicking Next.
- If you would like to, you can choose the folder location for the driver to be installed.
- Once you have selected the folder location for the install, click Install.
- Once the installation process is over, click Close.
Step 2 – Forgetting Audio Device
The first time that your SCUF Vantage 2 is plugged into your computer, it will be detected as an audio device. For your controller to function on your PC, you will need to disable the Vantage 2 as an audio device. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Make sure your controller is in the correct USB setting:
- For Vantage Wired only models, skip this step.
- For Vantage 2 Wireless & Wired models, toggle the Wired (USB) / Wireless (Bluetooth) switch to the left (Wired mode) before moving to step 2.
- Using a micro-USB cable, plug your Vantage 2 into your PC.
- Locate the Speaker icon on your task bar, right click the icon and click Sounds.
- On the top left of the Sounds popup, click on the Playback tab.
- Locate the Headset Earphone device labeled as SCUF Controller and right click on it to bring up the devices menu and click Disable.
- Close the Sounds settings and you are ready to play!
Note: You will not need to do this again with the same SCUF Vantage.
Uninstalling the Driver
If you feel the need to remove this driver for any reason, please follow the steps below:
- Launch Control Panel.
- Click Programs and then Programs and Features.
- Scroll down until you find Windows Driver Package – Scuf Gaming [Scufdriver] USB
- Right click on it and select Uninstall.
- When prompted, click Yes to complete uninstallation.