The SCUF Vantage 2 is a feature rich licensed PS4 controller that pushes the boundaries of innovation and as such we will occasionally provide free enhancements and bug fixes.
Firmware Update 1.1 improves:
- Thumbstick responsiveness, addressing "drift" and unintended thumbstick movement.
- Bluetooth responsiveness.
All SCUF Vantage 2 controllers include Firmware Update 1.1
Please follow the instructions below if your Vantage does not contain firmware update 1.1.
How do I know if my SCUF Vantage needs updated firmware?
If you are not experiencing any issues, then no action is required on your part at this time.
If you are experiencing issues, and your SCUF Vantage shipped from scufgaming.com prior to March 6th, 2019 or you purchased it from GameStop, then download and install the most recent firmware update (1.1).
Updating to Firmware Update 1.1
Please note that this downloader will only work on computers that run Windows 10. If you would rather get the update directly from us now, we are offering a program free of charge to update your controller for you right away. See below to learn more.
Before you begin, please do the following:
1. Confirm that you're using a computer with Windows 10. This update will not work on other operating systems or versions of Windows.
2. After downloading and extracting the file below, onto your desktop or documents/download folder, double click the VantageUpdate_1.1.exe application to begin the firmware update.
3. Watch the video below for step by step instructions on how to install the firmware update.
Once you're ready to download the SCUF Vantage Firmware Updater, click DOWNLOAD NOW below:
This choice is only valid for SCUF Vantage controllers being sent in for a firmware update (1.1). Here's how the process works:
- Have your SCUF Vantage Serial Number on hand. Click here for where to find it.
- Please complete this UPS web form (please be sure to enable cookies).
- From there, you will be given a free, prepaid shipping label to send your SCUF Vantage in to us for updating.
- Place the controller in the original box and package it up well to ensure that the controller does not get damaged en route.
After we receive your SCUF Vantage, we will update the controller and get it back to you within 1 week.
Please follow the steps below if you still experience issues with your SCUF Vantage controller after manually installing Firmware Update 1.1:
In order to install you may need to adjust your antivirus settings. For example, if you have Windows Defender and you are prompted, click "more info". After ensuring the App is VantageUpdate_1.1.exe then click "Run anyway".
If your thumbstick issue persists, please run the Firmware Updater again and perform the thumbstick calibration steps. In rare cases where the SCUF Vantage or another Bluetooth device is in Pairing Mode and that device does not show up in the Bluetooth device list, or is not able to connect, please perform a full restart of your PS4 console.
If you are still experiencing issues after a 2nd attempt, please contact our Customer Support team via a support ticket by clicking here.
This update is for SCUF Vantage models only and not intended to work with any other controllers, including other SCUF models.