The shock you received when touching your controller is static electricity. The shock happens from your body to the controller, and not from the controller to you. Static electricity is very common, harmless, and our controllers are designed to be resistant to it.
However, as a safety precaution to protect the internal electronics, the controller may temporarily shut down and need time to recover. If your controller has shut down, we recommend that you wait a few hours and then proceed to press the reset button to the left of the Profile Button located on the back of the controller.
After pressing the button, your controller should start again. If your controller still doesn’t start, please reach out to us again and we can bring in the controller to resolve this issue for you.