Microsoft rolled out an update in November 2021 for Xbox One Controllers to enable new features on Xbox One consoles. Following this firmware update, you could experience connectivity issues with your SCUF Prestige on Xbox consoles (but not on PC).
Steps to resolve Connectivity issues with your SCUF Prestige on an Xbox Console following a controller update
To resolve connectivity issues, after updating your SCUF Prestige to new Xbox One controller firmware versions after November 2021, you may need to revert your controller firmware version.
Note: This is only for console users, this process is not necessary for SCUF Prestige connected to a gaming PC. If you are experiencing connectivity issues on PC, please contact our customer support team.
Complete the following steps to revert your SCUF Prestige’s firmware on your XBOX Console
- Login to your Xbox with your SCUF Prestige connected
- Press the Xbox button (on your controller) to bring up the Xbox Home menu
- Use the analog stick to navigate to the Profile & System Tab of the Xbox Home menu
- Select the option for Xbox Assist
- From the Xbox Assist Menu – Choose Get Help from the top menu
- Choose Console & Accessories
- Choose the Controller folder
- Choose the Option My controller has connection issues after the last update
- Read Carefully the text and choose Check Controller Firmware and then click the option for Revert firmware
- Follow the prompts and click through the warnings that advise against reverting firmware
- Your controller firmware has been reverted; you will no longer be prompted to update this controller again thorough the standard process
You can repeat steps 1-8 and then choose “Check Controller firmware” and then update again if ever you want to run the latest update if your device is only used on PC.